Connect with us

Entertainment

Contempt case against Rex Omar, 14 others adjourned to May 17

Mr.Rex Omar

The Accra Human Rights Court yesterday adjourned to May 17, 2021, the case in which a lawyer is seeking the court to jail musician, Rex Omar, and 14  others for contempt of court.

Mr Gabriel Awunyo, who is representing George William Dickson, veteran musician, Akosua Adjepong, and two others, was in court on Wednesday to move the contempt motion against the respondents, but was told the presiding judge, Justice Gifty Addo was indisposed.

Mr Awunyo has stated that the respondents disrespected the court by electing board members of Ghana Music Rights Organisation (GHAMRO) when there was a pending suit concerning the election.

His said his clients filed the instant action in their capacity as members of GHAMRO, a company Limited by guarantee and registered under the laws of Ghana.

On November 4, 2020, the applicants initiated action against the respondents, who are board members of GHAMRO, and subsequently served respondents with the process.

The applicants said they wanted the court to injunct the election of members to the GHAMRO board until the final determination of the matter.

The applicants averred that since the commencement of the action, Yaw Oxbon, a respondent, had at all material times represented the respondents in court.

In the affidavit in support of the motion to commit the respondents to prison for contempt of court, counsel for applicants, Mr Awunyo stated that the respondents had openly discussed the matter on radio, television and on social media how they were determined to go on with the election of new board members of GHAMRO regardless of the lawsuit.

He said the contempt shown by the respondents followed an entrenched pattern of behavior over the years.

The applicants said they also filed another application and served on the respondents specifically to restrain them  from holding elections to appoint a new board, and that the respondents were in court on April 15, this year, to confirm that the applicants’ interlocutory application was served on them.

However, the respondents went ahead to elect members on the April 19, 2021, the night before the motion was to be heard.

The conduct of the respondents, the lawyer argued was likely to prejudice a fair hearing of the motion.

He said the respondents were doing this with the full knowledge that there was a pending suit for injunction application which had been served on them seeking to restrain them from electing a new board, but continued unjustly enrich themselves at the expense of the members.

Mr Awunyo contends that the only intent of the respondents was to bring the authority and administration of the law into disrespect and interfere with the pending litigation.

Source: GhanaianTimes

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Group drugs, rapes Ghanaian ‘lesbian’ for two days

Lesbian Elladeevah Ellios
Miss Elladeevah Ellios

A popular Ghanaian ‘Lesbian’ Elladeevah Ellios has been drugged and raped by unknown men, according to the popular advocate on social media via her Facebook page.

Elladeevah Ellios who made the announcement on Tuesday, June 8, 2021 on her Facebook wall revealed that she was at the Cantonment Police Hospital receiving treatment.

According to the lady, she was held hostage for two days, drugged, and raped. She called on her thousands of followers to give her all the support needed for recovery.

The young lady who appeared to have lost all hope revealed that her life was coming to an end and she wanted to die.

It is unclear if Miss Elladeevah Ellios will take the matter up with the police or not?

Read below her full post:

Lesbian Elladeevah Ellios raped

Source:Ghpages

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Okomfour Kwadee predicted his ‘madness’ – Kwik Action

Okomfour Kwadee predicated his ‘madness’ – Kwik Action

The music producer revealed that Okomfour Kwadee foresaw the lapse in his mental health.

Speaking with MzGee on Simply Showbiz, Kwik Action uncovered a secret about Okomfour Kwadee’s abrupt disappearance from the music scene. According to Kwik Action, the hiplife artiste anticipated the unfortunate turn of events and the decline in his mental health.

Kwik Action said, “I never left him because I knew he would come out of it. He specifically told me in 2005 that something is about to happen to him. And it is like a movie. He is the only person who is going to act in that movie, and Kwik Action, you will do the soundtrack. Whatever that happens, everything will be fine.”

He called Okomfour Kwadee a spiritually strong person whom he has known since 2005 till date. Okomfo Kwaade is real.
According to Kwik Action, he has a cosmic connection with the musician. The cosmic connection is where people love each other for no reason. He insinuated this as the foundation of his close friendship with Okomfour Kwadee.

Jerry Anaba, known as Okomfo Kwaadee, one time dominated the hiplife music scene with electrifying tunes and lyrics. Unfortunately, he disappeared from the music scene when he got ill. Thankfully, he is well and on his way to recovery.

Source: 3News

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Galamsey taskforce picks 4 persons in Esiama

Gold, guns and China: Ghana's fight to end galamsey | African Arguments

Operation Vanguard, the task force tasked to fight illegal mining, has arrested four illegal small-scale miners at Esiamain the Ellembelle District of the Western Region.

The team, led by Head of the Tarkwa office of the Operation Vanguard, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Nana Asomaning, swooped on the hideouts of the suspects inthe forest along the Esiama highway.

He told journalists the team could work effectively only when people volunteer information and, therefore, urged the communities to help in the fight against illegal mining.

The galamseyers, he said, wielded cutlasses and other implements which made encounter with them deadly.

“The destruction of water bodies and lands was becoming a national security threat, [and this] must be understood, appreciated for the clamp-down to be done through collective efforts of the citizenry,” the Head of Operation Vanguard added.

Meanwhile, the Western Regional Minister, Kwabena Okyere Darko–Mensah, on Wednesday, led a team from  Operation Vanguard  to conduct an exercise on River Tano at Samreboi in  the Amenfi West District.

Sixteen excavators were seized and handed over tothe Minister of Lands and Natural Resources, according to official reports from the Regional Security Council(REGSEC).

The operation, dubbed ‘Operation Clean Water Bodies’, was aimed at stopping activities ofillegal miners on Ghana’s water bodies.

The  operation  uncovered that the illegal  miners  used  huge excavators  to excavate alarge  expanse of land  and  also re-channel the course of River Tano to a galamesy site at Samreboi.

Again, they had degraded water courses and destroyed trees serving as forest cover in the Samreboi environment. Another feature of the galamseyers was that they had created makeshift domes to facilitate their operations.

Mr Darko-Mensah indicated that the exercise would continue “until we have clean water bodies in the region.”

He charged the Metropolitan, Municipal and   District Chief Executives (MMDCEs) to ensure sanity in the system for the operation to be successful.

Earlier, on a tour with the Sanitation and Water Resources Minister at Bonsa River on Tuesday,  to assess the impact of illegal mining on the river, he warned chiefs involved in illegal mining to backoff before the security agencies clamp down on them.

Mr Darko-Mensah disclosed that investigations conducted by REGSECrevealed that some chiefs were deeply involved in galamsey activities.

Most of illegal miners have the support of chiefs, which makes it difficult to win the fight against galamsey, he noted.

“There is an Akan adage which says, ‘if you are driving away the chickens and they are not leaving, it simply means the mother is hiding around’, so any chief involved or aiding illegal miners won’t be spared,” he stressed

CAPTION PICS1, 2, 5 show the havoc caused by the illegal miners at the River Tano site at Samreboi in WassaAmenfi West.

Pic3, 4 Regional Minister Kwabena Okyere Darko-Mensah (in cap) and team inspecting the Samreboi site with the excavators at the background.

FROM CLEMENT ADZEI BOYE, ESSIAMA

Source:GhanaianTimes

Continue Reading

COVID-19

Post Categories

Trending